Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Bernanke "Does" Know Jack

With the economy mired in the worst downturn in decades, Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke has been taking heat from all sides. According to an MSNBC report of the Fed Chief's press conference after today's FOMC meeting -
Some of the criticism has come from the left, including the widening Occupy Wall Street protest movement, which faults the Fed for bailing out bankers who made the risky bets that led to the collapse. Those critics, Bernanke said, don’t fully understand the reasons for the Fed’s massive intervention following the financial meltdown.
If you watch the accompanying video, you can see that Bernanke handles criticism very well. But, I've never really been interested in what Bernanke has to say concerning the Federal Reserve or his views on the economy. I have my own views, follow my own instincts, and make my own decisions.

But, what I'd really like to know is just what does the Fed Chief do to better prepare himself for the criticism that he knows he's going to receive every time his gives these press conferences? How does he maintain such a cool demeanor during tough questioning? What's his secret?

Fortunately, I think I may have answered my own questions. It just so happens that I've found video of him getting prepared last night, for today's FOMC presentation. Those investors who still think that Bernanke "doesn't know Jack" might want to reconsider their viewpoints.

No comments:

Post a Comment