Sunday, November 6, 2011

Don't Let Your Fears Dictate Your Actions

In all of my years of being a successful individual investor, if there's one thing that I'm sure of, it's that there will always be someone trying to manipulate our fears in order to capitalize on our reactions. And conversely, there will always be someone trying to manipulate our emotions of greed.

As a matter of fact, it's capitalizing on those investors' reactions to perceived fears and greed that helps me successfully manage my own investments. It's been my experience that no matter what I say, show, or even prove to help them make better decisions, that most investors fail miserably at controlling their own emotions, and will almost always follow their herd instinct.

So, I usually bet against them. But, I'll continue to share my own personal views and opinions to help them beforehand because "that's the way I roll".

As such, heading into another uncertain week I think it's important that we try not to lose focus on the big picture, and not to sweat the small stuff that gets in our way. Short-term market movements are a competitive mind game designed to empty your pockets. Are you up to that challenge?

If not, don't allow your fears to dictate your actions. In periods of uncertainty, remaining patient and doing nothing is often your best choice. Before the week starts, burn away your Kookooee before it leads to poor choices and negatively impacts your finances.


The Burning of the Kookooee from Mark Archuleta on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment