Wednesday, February 1, 2012

RIP: Don Cornelius

A lot of younger people probably don't know that Don Cornelius was an American television show host and producer who is best known as the creator of the nationally syndicated hit dance/music franchise Soul Train, which he hosted from 1971 to 1993. According to an AP release today - Los Angeles police say Cornelius has died in California of a self-inflicted gunshot wound.

For the past week, I just happened to be thinking about Don and Soul Train, that great TV show that he created. Ask me why I just happened to reflect back on the show, and I can't explain the reason why it came into my thoughts. But, this isn't the first time I've had such unusual thoughts about someone or something right before an important event involving those thoughts occurs. Who knows? Maybe it means something, maybe it doesn't.

But, what I do know is that while recently reflecting back on Soul Train, I found this video that I was going to use to make a point about where both the economy and stock markets are heading in the near future. On the other hand though, maybe it came into my thoughts because it represents what the future holds after we get through this recent period of worldwide turmoil.

So, in memory of that great American entrepreneur, Don Cornelius, I present you with something that "perhaps" he wanted everyone to see. You've left a great legacy, RIP Don.

No comments:

Post a Comment