Friday, November 9, 2012

Weekly Wrap | King Of The Jungle

Looks like I was right on the mark when I commented that investors were waiting for the results of the Presidential election before making a commitment with their investments. And that commitment was to SELL, loudly. The S&P ended this week down another 2.4%, finishing at 1380.

And I still don't see a good reason for it to change it's course. So, I'm remaining fully invested in cash.

Now, I know what you're thinking. What makes me so certain about my own investments?

How can I, a mere human without fangs or claws, gain an advantage in a market environment full of ferocious predators trying to eat me alive? How can a simple individual investor consistently outwit a pride of lions, to become king of the jungle?

Like I said before, it's about being one with the markets, and staying attuned to what's happening in the jungle around you, understanding the motivations and behaviors of both your predators and their prey, and confidently making the call before the herd stampedes.

That of course, and lots of alcohol.

No comments:

Post a Comment